It is currently Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:36 am

Hello PCTech

A place to hang out and have fun
(Not for troubleshooting questions)

Moderator: lilpinkflower

Hello PCTech

Postby RCawdor » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:05 pm

Hi all,
I work in an IT department for a large paper mill in northern Minnesota. I am the hardware guy but also help with web coding, Desktop/Process/Sys admin work, networking, and anything else they need help with. I try to keep up with the current technology and software news as pretty much everything I do revolves around it. I also do side work repairing PC's/laptops for others.

Quick history of myself I was also a diesel mechanic working for a large Catapiller outfit up on the Iron Range. The Iron Range is in northern MN, open pit mining of iron ore is what goes on up there. So the equipment I worked on and tested was very large; 793's, 992's, 994's, D11's. I was laid of in 2008 after the economy crashed and at that time I decided to go into another line of work that was closer to home plus not so hard on the body. On the side I ran a small computer repair business with a friend. So when I went back to school something with technology was the logical step. I went through a 2 year program for computer and web programming. I do not like computer programming however so I leaned heavy on the web design/programming which I found to be a lot more fun.

Thank you for reading. :banana: <-- That makes me think of Family Guy
RCawdor

Operating System: Windows 8.1

Thanks given:0
Thanks received:0

Return to The Lounge