It is currently Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:32 pm

explorer getting feisty since firefox arrived.

All versions of Window XP and 2003 including 32 bit and 64 bit

Moderator: icecube

explorer getting feisty since firefox arrived.

Postby arty » Wed May 10, 2006 1:58 am

hi folx! still using this old drive to experiment on....installed mazzilla firefox a while ago and just recently,explorer started throwing tantrums!..after about 2wks,when i sign in to netzero,explorer opens for a nanosecond and drops but nz stays...so i kick in firefox and it holds just fine.....so i have to access my.netzero.net from there .....it worx but it's a pain in the aspetuck valley(a connecticut joke)...anybody awake out there?..this drive is trash so it doesn't matter ....just need input for future use......could this just be sibling rivalry? :lol:
ps:it's not the default setting thing,i tried combos and same results
uninstalled,reinstalled,updated.....i jusdunno!
i never have,and never will be beaten by an inanimate object!
arty
Geek
Geek

Thanks given:0
Thanks received:0

Postby PCguy » Fri May 12, 2006 9:21 pm

Why are you hanging on to an old OS? :P

Things with those older Operating Systems can be tricky. I'm not sure there is an answer to your problem other then find $2000.00 on the street and buy me, er I mean you, a new PC. :)
(\__/) This is Bunny.
(='.'=) Copy and paste bunny into your sig.
(")_(") Help Bunny gain World Domination.

PCguy
Lord of the Geeks
Lord of the Geeks

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional x64

Thanks given:2
Thanks received:4

explore getting fiestywell

Postby arty » Fri May 12, 2006 11:23 pm

well,because the more i mess with this piece of crap,the more i can learn how to fix my new drive!....i cleaned this one up....it was running only33 to 44%ram performance when i got it and now i got it up to 72% of 280ram with my programs and rfirewall running..couldn't do that before,so i have a new drive 10gigw/pro2000 and this is my 'backup' drive,so i thought why not try some of the thingsi learned here! i found in the forums that norten systemworks are huge resourse gobblers and i counld't use my nzvoice and surf without 'system resources very low' and i need to be available for my motel while online....the choice was wipe this drive and use it as a slave, or see what i can learn from it! :( ...gee,PC,i thought i dun good! :lol:
i never have,and never will be beaten by an inanimate object!
arty
Geek
Geek

Thanks given:0
Thanks received:0

Return to Windows XP and 2003