It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Having Error While Installing Drivers

All versions of Window XP and 2003 including 32 bit and 64 bit

Moderator: icecube

Having Error While Installing Drivers

Postby beon » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:37 am

Hi everyone,
I would like to check with you about certain issue. First I'm having problems with my windows 2000 display, therefore I Press F8 and used VGA mode to get into the windows inorder to reinstall my video drivers. After which I accidently select the select the "last known configuration stuff", and end up having this funny configuration stuff to my windows 2000. I tired to installed everything back("the drivers") in that state but then there are still error with my network card drivers.. which sometimes gave me error code 1 and sometimes gave me error code 31. Please advise.. Is there anything I can do to make it back to normal ? was there errors in my registry or something ? What are the best way of doing it?
beon

Thanks given:0
Thanks received:0

Postby liljim » Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:30 pm

You probably need to completely uninstall the network card drivers and reboot. once your machine comes back up windows will most likely reinstall the drivers on its own, that is if its a fairly common card. Either way, if it doesnt autodetect it you should be able to reinstall them yourself.
liljim

Operating System: Win 7 Home Premium X64

Thanks received:12

Postby beon » Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:20 am

Hi lijim, I understand that, actually for my case I had already took it out and put it back again. I had tired using the usual installation disk for the installation and also the lastest driver that I downloaded from the internet. I even updated my mainboard driver. But the think is .. it keep on telling me error 31.. even though I'm pretty assure that the driver is the correct one.
beon

Postby Gecko » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:14 am

beon wrote:I had tired using the usual installation disk for the installation and also the lastest driver that I downloaded from the internet.

beon,
You will need to get windows 2k drivers not the latest ones.

Windows 2k is a different animal than XP and most XP drivers are not backwards compatible.

Try looking up you network card at http://www.driverguide.com and download drivers just for windows 2k.

Or post the make and model number and I can get them for you.
Gecko
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Thanks given:1
Thanks received:23

Postby beon » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:43 am

Thanks Gecko ~ actually the lastest driver that I'm refering to is the windows 2k driver. The network card i'm using is onboard network card. GA-8IPE1000-G Rev 4. I had already downloaded the lastest driver. The one I'm using detect a Realtek RTL8169/8110 family Gigabit Ethernet NIC but it keep on giving me an error code of 1 or 31. Not only that, my the other network card from 3com 3c2000T is also not working.. supposingly it was working fine, but after I uninstall it and installed it again, both of them is not working. I really wonder what had I done wrong. So do you have any Idea?
beon

Postby Gecko » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:18 pm

Beon,

Does Device manager show any yellow or red icons other than the two network cards you're having trouble with?
Gecko
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Thanks given:1
Thanks received:23

Re: Having Error While Installing Drivers

Postby cool75 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:06 pm

Hi there is information regarding your installation problem. You probably need to completely uninstall the network card drivers and reboot. once your machine comes back up windows will most likely reinstall the drivers on its own, that is if its a fairly common card.
cool75

Return to Windows XP and 2003