It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:45 pm

noise!!

All versions of Window XP and 2003 including 32 bit and 64 bit

Moderator: icecube

noise!!

Postby HIBB » Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:42 pm

:?: I can hear everything!!...when my hard drive searches, when the monitor loads screens, when i drive the mouse cursor across the screen...everything. There is noise that plays thru my speakers. The noise plays thru both sound cards. The noise is amplified when i use pro tools. Can anyone help?
HIBB
Geek
Geek

Thanks given:0
Thanks received:0

Postby icecube » Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:16 am

I am assuming that you meant "plays through both speakers" not "sound cards."

Right Click on "My Computer" and left click on Properties and select the Device Manager Tab.

Check for yellow flags. You might have an IRQ conflict. Sound usually wants 3,5, or 7. Installing a modem, nic, printer or USB pen drive could be the culprit.
icecube

Postby HIBB » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:07 pm

I right clicked on my computer and updated drivers for any that were flagged. I have an internal sound card and an external one. the external being the digidesign mbox. I get the noise when listening through either.
HIBB
Geek
Geek

Postby icecube » Tue May 01, 2007 3:15 am

Is this a Windows 98 machine? I cannot figure out how two sound cards are suppose to coexist on a 98 machine.

Both sound drivers will try to load in DOS on the boot making a mess out of the IRQ's. Disconnect the external drive and reboot and see if the sound is OK.

If it is, your choice from there is to remove the internal sound card and use the external one.

Which ever choice you choose, you may have to uninstall both sound drivers and reinstall the one you want in order to get it to function properly.
icecube

Postby darsh39 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:33 pm

which hard disk do u have .... i had the same problem with my hard disk ... actually it was Seagate ... it was replaced by the company ... i recommend u the same coz sooner or later its going to crash!!!
darsh39

Return to Windows XP and 2003