It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:58 am

windows

Is your PC infected? Is it running slow? Just can't figure out what's making it sluggish? Here is the place to get some help.

Moderators: liljim, Gecko

windows

Postby modernsamurai » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:43 pm

ok guys... sorry about the trouble, but im not that familiar with windows 8. however, my friend has this laptop, which has managed to be infected. it seems to be infected with various things, no idea how she did it... ive got a bunch of PUPs coming up in avast, and firefox keeps setting it off... just did the scan, found around 15 infections.... still creating issues with firefox. also lagging out the computer...
back when i came here, it was hijackthis. i checked the opening post and there was a new program, but im not sure if that'll run on this... kinda flying blind on this 8. about to see if this thing has a safe mode, hopefully that'll do something. otherwise, i'd really appreciate some advice.
modernsamurai
Geek
Geek

Thanks given:0
Thanks received:0

Re: windows

Postby Gecko » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:39 am

modernsamurai,

Lets start with a better removal tool first, if it doesn't clean it all then will look into some other tools.

Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to the desktop and run the install. During the install check the box Check for Update once it's updated then run a Full scan.

When Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is finished it will produce a log, paste the contents of that log into your next reply.
Gecko
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Thanks given:1
Thanks received:23

Return to Malware Support