It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:44 pm

Malware removal help needed please

Is your PC infected? Is it running slow? Just can't figure out what's making it sluggish? Here is the place to get some help.

Moderators: liljim, Gecko

Malware removal help needed please

Postby KenA » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:04 pm

Hi guys, its been a while since ive been on here but ive got some annoying adware on my browsers that i cant remove. ive ran malwarebytes Anti malware, hitman pro, adwcleaner, JRT and all found stuff but still have the annoying ads hijacking my browswers.

I did as instructed in the sticky, tried to run DDS but it says it cant run in comaptibility mode.

I ran GMer and during a scan i got a blue screen that said my PC had to restart and logs would be posted, but none were after the restart. ran Gmer a second time after the restart and it says gmer has stopped working and needs to close.

So, I have no logs as yet.
Any ideas?
KenA
Senior Geek
Senior Geek

Thanks given:1
Thanks received:0

Re: Malware removal help needed please

Postby KenA » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:31 pm

ANy ideas guys?

In safe mode, DDS says it isnt compatible with my OS (win8.1) and Gmer "has stopped working and needs to close".
KenA
Senior Geek
Senior Geek

Thanks received:0

Re: Malware removal help needed please

Postby Gecko » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:20 pm

KenA,

Sounds like you could have a rootkit let's check that first.

Download tdsskiller from here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/tdsskiller/
And run it, if it fails to start rename TDSSKiller.exe to iexplore.exe

When the program opens, click the Change parameters.
Check the boxes beside Verify Driver Digital Signature and Detect TDLFS file system, then click OK.
Click on the Start scan button to begin the scan and wait for it to finish.

If any infection or suspected items are found that are files that are shown to fail signature check do not take any action on these. Make sure you select Skip.
If 'Suspicious objects' are detected, the default action will be Skip. Leave the default set to Skip and click on Continue.

If Malicious objects are detected, they will show in the Scan results. TDSSKiller automatically selects an action (Cure or Delete) for malicious objects

Make sure that Cure is selected. Important! -> If Cure is not available, please choose Skip instead. Do not choose Delete unless instructed to do so.

Whether an infection is found or not, a log file should already be created on your C: drive ( or whatever drive you boot from) in the root folder named something like TDSSKiller.2.1.1_27.12.2009_14.17.04_log.txt which is based on the program version # and date and time run.

Post the contents of the log file into your reply
Gecko
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Thanks received:23

Return to Malware Support