It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:02 am

PC won't connect to TV through HDMI.

All versions of Windows 7, 2008 and Vista including 32 bit and 64 bit

Moderator: icecube

PC won't connect to TV through HDMI.

Postby Orothe » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:29 am

Ok, I've searched many forums and have yet to find a solution, so my last resort is actually posting, and waiting. T.T

I have a Windows 7 Home Premium "HP Pavilion dv5 Notebook PC" with a AMD Turion(tm) II P540 Dual-Core Processor (2.4Ghz), 64 bit operating system. It has an "AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250" graphics card.

My TV is a 42''' HDTV Vizio M420NV.

Now, my laptop has an HDMI port (not mini-HDMI, actual HDMI port), and my TV has multiple HDMI ports. I have made sure the TV is set to the same input as the HDMI slot I am using. I have verified that it is compatible to connect to computers via a regular HDMI cord. However, when I go to Display -> Screen Resolution, the 2nd display it detects says "Display device on: VGA". Maybe that's the problem, but I wasn't able to find how to change that, or why it says that when it is connected through the HDMI port, ect. The TV just shows "No Signal", not even a flicker. I've made sure my drivers are up to date, I've made sure the resolution that I've checked for the 2nd display (tv) is at a compatible resolution. I have also tried the "Projector Only", "Extended", and "Duplicate" options on the laptop as well.

If I check on the AMD Vision Engine Control Center, it does detect the TV. So if it detects it, but doesn't display it, what am I doing wrong?
Orothe

Operating System: Windows 7

Thanks given:0
Thanks received:0

Re: PC won't connect to TV through HDMI.

Postby liljim » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:22 am

Im not familiar with your software but you should have a display option somewhere to either make the tv the "main" device or even "clone" the desktop from Monitor 1 to 2. Dont go to screen resolution via windows, you should have a display manager section in the amd software itself. Thats where you will have to enable it.
liljim

Operating System: Win 7 Home Premium X64

Thanks received:12

Re: PC won't connect to TV through HDMI.

Postby Roboguy99 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:39 pm

I had exactly the same problem with my HP Pavillion DV6 on Win7 Home Premium. If you've got a VGA slot plug that in, detect monitors and then change umplug it again (detecting monitors). Then plug the HDMI (detect monitors), it probably won't work yet - change the channel on the TV to HDMI and it should work. Weird but worked for me twice... :banana:
Roboguy99

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium

Thanks received:0

Return to Windows 7, 2008 and Vista