It is currently Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:30 am

Advert virus

All versions of Windows 7, 2008 and Vista including 32 bit and 64 bit

Moderator: icecube

Advert virus

Postby DrPerry » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:27 pm

Hey, I think I have a virus on my PC which pretty much stops me from using Google Chrome and just annoys me with Mozilla Firefox. With Google Chrome, almost all websites I try to enter will come up with this:

Sometimes it doesn't even have the button 'proceed anyway' it just refuses me entry to that website. If you look at the URL bar, that's me simply trying to access Google. For some reason, Youtube works fine with no issues at all, apart from I can't sign in because that means I have to sign into my Google account and this virus doesn't like me doing that. When I click on 'sign in' on Youtube's front page, it gives me that page I have linked above, but without the 'proceed anyway' button.

With Mozilla Firefox, almost every time I click on a link on Google, it just immediately redirects me to an advertisement. Well, half the time it just redirects me straight back to Google's homepage or Ebay's homepage, the other times are advertisements. Also, with Mozilla Firefox running, every now and then, an advertisement will randomly pop up. I have tested this with Mozilla Firefox open with one tab, on the starting page where you click your most visited sites. So it's not on any website yet it still pops up random adverts when it feels like it.

I haven't tested Safari or Internet Explorer because I don't think it's necessary. If you would like me to test them I will.

If it is necessary, here are my computer's specs:
- Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
- 2GB DDR2 RAM
- Dual core AMD Athlon II X2 240 Processor
- 2.80 GHz

Thanks in advance!
DrPerry

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate

Thanks given:0
Thanks received:0

Re: Advert virus

Postby Gecko » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:35 pm

DrPerry,

Please download combofix to your desktop.

Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with ComboFix.

Double click combofix.exe and follow the prompts.

If combofix will not start or is ended before the "Blue window" please rename combofix.exe to cbf.exe and try again.

If cbf.exe will not start or is ended, you will have to run cbf.exe from safe mode.
Reboot in to Safe mode:
Restart Windows after you see the BIOS screen and before Windows starts to load.
Start tapping the F8 key. The Windows Advanced Options Menu appears.
Use the Arrow key to ensure that the Safe Mode option is selected.
Press Enter. The computer then begins to start in Safe mode.

Do not exit Combofix while it is running you my loose all your personal settings!
Important Note - Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running, that may cause it to stall.

When it's done running it will produce a log for you. Please post that log in your next reply.
Gecko
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Thanks given:1
Thanks received:23

Return to Windows 7, 2008 and Vista