It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:02 am

Blank Screen - Windows Fails to Load

All versions of Windows 7, 2008 and Vista including 32 bit and 64 bit

Moderator: icecube

Blank Screen - Windows Fails to Load

Postby jutt2885 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:48 pm

Hi all. I have an HP TouchSmart310. A few days ago I noticed upon starting up my machine that the screen was black and then the computer went silent. I then held the power button down to turn it off and tried again. This time everything worked normally. But last night I couldn't get the PC to work at all. My initial thought was hard drive failure. This happened over a year ago. HP sent out an imaged hard drive to replace the one I had. Problem there was that the drive occasionally clicked during shut down. Again I contacted HP support and was told to run various tests, all of which turned out okay. But I couldn't get the clicking out of my head. I later learned that if the head isn't aligned correctly, clicking is the result. Eventually the 'clicking' whet away. Several months passed and last night was the end. I did contact HP today and was instructed to run some tests. I already removed the drive, but I replaced it while we were on the phone. Every instruction that was given to me failed to do anything. So again I believe it is the hard drive. Your thoughts/opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
jutt2885

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium

Thanks given:0
Thanks received:0

Re: Blank Screen - Windows Fails to Load

Postby Gecko » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:58 pm

To find out if it is in fact the hard drive go the the hard drive manufacturer's website and download their hard drive test tool. Now run their tool and see if the drive passes the tests.
Gecko
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Thanks given:1
Thanks received:23

Return to Windows 7, 2008 and Vista