It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:08 am

New PSU now no video

All computer hardware support

New PSU now no video

Postby jit675 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:53 pm

Greetings everyone I’m new here and I hope I have better luck here then I did on other forums. Here is my problem I recently had to replace my power supply in my pc. After the pc sat for several months I installed a new power supply as the original one died. I now have no video no display at all the fans run the mother board lights up the video card lights up. Yet I have no video. The monitor works on another pc the video card works in another pc can you help me fix this problem. I thank you for your time.
jit675

Operating System: win 7

Thanks given:0
Thanks received:0

Re: New PSU now no video

Postby Gecko » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:31 pm

The lights on the motherboard and video card indicate that they are getting power.
Chances are that your are not getting past the "POST" (power on self test) and that is why you have no video.

You mentioned that this system sat for several months before replace the PSU, so the first thing I would recommend is to reset (remove and reinstall) all you daughter cards. You already did the video card, but do the rest like the RAM, Sound card and any other cards that plug into the motherboard.

Make sure you do this with the power cord disconnected from the outlet.
Gecko
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Thanks given:1
Thanks received:23

Return to Hardware