It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:23 pm

Buying a new gaming pc, need advice.

All computer hardware support

Buying a new gaming pc, need advice.

Postby Kaffo » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:34 pm

Hi guys.

So, the time has finally come. My 6 year old can't cut it anymore, it's time to upgrade. I'm an avid gamer, and working on a budget of around 1000 pounds at most (1600 odd dollars). The pc I'm building doesn't need to be the best, I plan on using it to play things like Guild Wars 2, Planetside 2, Rome Total War 2, Mount and Blade, Dishonoured. I'm not concerned if I can't play these on the highest settings either.

However, it is difficult for other reasons. I need my machine to be very portable, I live a mobile lifestyle and enjoy lanning with my friends. I also understand that such a small machine will need better cooling, since a little case will get much hotter faster and I need to deal with that. Preferably my machine will also be reasonable on its power requirements and low on noise.

One more complication- however. I do not intend to build my own. I know this is a much cheaper option, but I have enough money, and frankly I'm willing to pay extra for the warrenty and the peace of mind, if you think this is silly/a waste of money, I respect your opinion but please dont use this thread to flood me with it.

With that in mind- Who is the best option for me? I liked the look of the Alienware X51, particularly for its size, but my friends all tell me alienware is hoplessly overpriced and that the x51's power supply is much to weak. I've scouted around Asus, Mesh and Wired2Fire- but I can't see anything around the right size for me. Anybody have any recommendations for me? Thanks for your time.
Kaffo

Thanks given:0
Thanks received:0

Re: Buying a new gaming pc, need advice.

Postby Wired2Fire » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:51 am

Just to let you know Wired2Fire are about to launch a range of LAN PCs. We can fit a full sized graphics card to keep the gaming power there but the size is very small. So it is quite portable.

The units are based on the Fractal Node case or the Coolermaster Elite 120 Advanced. The systems should start appearing on the website later today.

In the meantime, feel free to email us at sales@wired2Fire.co.uk if you would like a specific quote.
Wired2Fire

Re: Buying a new gaming pc, need advice.

Postby kvarsis » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:33 am

The Mesh Silent Ultra looks about the same size as the X51. Seems like it would have a considerable performance boost as well. The integrated solid state drive should make a pretty big difference as well.
kvarsis

Return to Hardware