It is currently Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:48 pm

Secondary Hard drive is locked

All computer hardware support

Secondary Hard drive is locked

Postby Luffiez » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:48 pm

So, this all started when i got my new SDD. I installed Windows on it and used it as my primary and then used my old sea gate 1tb disk as second disk to put stuff on, but i couldn't use the same Windows key because my old hard drive still had the windows on it, so i go ogledd how to delete the windows since you can't just right click and delete. i downloaded a program called "Parted Magic" and burned it to a disc. I then put the disc in my pc and rebooted it and Parted magic started, it had several options of what to do with your pc. I saw a application called "Disk eraser" so ithoughtt, -oh this must be what I'm supposed to run. I had to click a lot of yes'es and so on. It then started something that said Disc's erasing... something that way anyways and it said 110min left. But i never got to choose what files to delete. So that's when i knew i started the wrong app, it said I couldn't close the program until it was finished so i panicked and shut my pc down. Started the Parted magic program up again and then i found what i was looking for, another program called " File deleter" or something like that, i opened it and i could see my Hard drives. When i tried opening the D: drive ( my 2nd one, thsea gatete) it said that something was wrong. It gave me an error message. I could access C: though. So i dident know what to do so i turned the pc off and removed the CD and started the pc normally. I then got this before coming to the login screen.
I googled and tried all i could to just get my pc up and running again, the only thing that worked was to Re-install windows on my C:, The D: disk could not be found in the Windows 7 installation, it's like it was not even connected to the pc. Since im running two hard drives i can see their status when i start my Pc and the D: disc says "Locked". The disc does not show in "My computer" and not in the device manager either. this was a very long post and i hope someone had the time and patiens to read all this and know what i should do to be able to acess my hard drive again, atlast so i can re-install it or something!!
Thanks for responses!
Attachments
1wwuc.jpg
This is what i got when i started my pc
1wwuc.jpg (108.79 KiB) Viewed 2061 times
Luffiez

Thanks given:0
Thanks received:0

Re: Secondary Hard drive is locked

Postby PCguy » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:53 pm

Hopefully I understand everything here.

1. After everything you have done, you can boot into Windows 7 with the SSD?
2. You get some sort of error accessing the other drive after booting into Windows?

That attached file is just your PC trying to get a DHCP address before booting into Windows. It's no big deal.
(\__/) This is Bunny.
(='.'=) Copy and paste bunny into your sig.
(")_(") Help Bunny gain World Domination.

PCguy
Lord of the Geeks
Lord of the Geeks

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional x64

Thanks given:2
Thanks received:4

Postby Luffiez » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:03 pm

I can't acess my other hard drive, when is start up up my pc it says that it's locked and i also cant find the hard drive in the device manger.
Luffiez

Thanks given:0
Thanks received:0

Postby PCguy » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:50 am

I would start by booting to Windows with only one drive in (the SSD). Then after confirming it boots fine, I would put the second HD in and go into the BIOS. See if it's listed there. If it is, boot to windows and see what it looks like.
(\__/) This is Bunny.
(='.'=) Copy and paste bunny into your sig.
(")_(") Help Bunny gain World Domination.

PCguy
Lord of the Geeks
Lord of the Geeks

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional x64

Thanks given:2
Thanks received:4

Return to Hardware