It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:53 pm

Mini/Micro systems

All computer hardware support

Mini/Micro systems

Postby ColaBoy » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:08 pm

I've never had a mini/micro PC and always gone for the tower case. I'm at the point now where I want something that does not take up a lot of space but I've never touched anything micro/mini based before. Is the internal hardware as expandable as tower based systems and will I be able to reach I fairly good benchmark with it? I've never had a 'ninja' PC and my hardware is usually 2 or 3 years behind the latest systems. At the moment I still running a dual core, 4Gig RAM system so I'm quite easily pleased but as a casual gamer I expect my system to be able to run things fairly well whenever I upgrade.
ColaBoy
Senior Geek
Senior Geek

Operating System: Windows XP

Thanks given:0
Thanks received:0

Re: Mini/Micro systems

Postby Gecko » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:10 pm

ColaBoy

I don't think you will be happy with a micro/mini pc, there will be limitation on hardware upgrades or hardware additions.
With a micro/mini, most often everything is "on board" the motherboard and if you do have daughter cards they will be a different size than a normal card (small form factor) there just isn't room for a standard daughter card they would be to big to fit in the micro/mini case.

What about a mini tower?
Gecko
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Thanks given:1
Thanks received:23

Return to Hardware