It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:50 am

Javascript(?) Problem

Support for any program including installing and running

Moderator: liljim

Javascript(?) Problem

Postby nighthawk282 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:17 am

Okay, I'm not 100% sure if this really is a problem with Java, but I've had the same problem with Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox, and I'm not sure what else they all have in common that could be causing the problem.

So, (these are examples, so please bear with me), recently, I've been trying to create a Tera account, but no matter how many times I go through the account creation process, when I click submit, and accept the Terms & Agreements, my browser returns to the 'log in' or 'create account' page, and I receive no e-mail from the website. It happens with every e-mail address I try. Now, I managed to create an account using another computer without any problems, but I still can't use my computer to log in to the account, which is how I know it's my computer, and not just the site itself.

Another example of the problem is when I try to (ahem) watch some videos online, there will be a page with a 'click here to confirm that you're human' button. No matter how many times I click that button, it just reloads the page with the button over and over. Again, different computers work fine, and it happens no matter which browser I'm using, so it must be something wrong with my computer.

Like I said, I don't know if this really could be a Java problem, but Google searching doesn't turn up the answers, and the Tera website advises that you need cookies enabled and Javascript on to create an account, which is what leads me to believe it must be one of those that's the problem, and cookie are enabled, and I've recently cleaned them, so Java is the only thing I can think of.

I've posted this on a couple of different forums, so I'm hoping that someone will be able to find an answer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
nighthawk282

Thanks given:0
Thanks received:0

Return to Misc. Software