It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:25 am

Libre Office

Support for any program including installing and running

Moderator: liljim

Libre Office

Postby cking01 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:20 pm

On some of our companies systems we are using Libre Office in order to open, review and change documents. We are using it primarily as a cost saving measure because they don't open documents very often. However we have been running into some issues with this software. Once we've installed this software and someone logs in for the first time we need to set the file extensions to open correctly even though on install they were set. It also randomly crashes through out the day on people and when they kill it they also need to enter into task manager to kill it there as well. Has anyone else experienced these problems and if so were you able to fix them?
Clinton King
cking01

Operating System: Vista

Thanks given:0
Thanks received:0

Re: Libre Office

Postby Gecko » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:20 pm

First of all I think you would be better off try their help site https://www.libreoffice.org/index.php/get-help/ as they are familiar with the software, I am not and have never heard of it until this thread.

I've always had good luck with Open Office http://www.openoffice.org they too cover all current OS Windows, Linux and Mac.
Gecko
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Thanks given:1
Thanks received:23

Re: Libre Office

Postby cking01 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:51 pm

the problem with open office is that it has been sold to the people at oracle and they have a nasty reputation of letting programs like openoffice die. Libre Office is created by the same developers that came up with Open Office.
Clinton King
cking01

Operating System: Vista

Thanks given:0
Thanks received:0

Return to Misc. Software