It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:43 pm

Sprint wireless broadband connection

Support for any program including installing and running

Moderator: liljim

Sprint wireless broadband connection

Postby thufana » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:37 am

Is it safe to pay my bills online with Billpay using my Sprint wireless broadband connection at home?
I recently purchased a Sprint wireless broadband Sierra aircard and would like to get rid of my dial-up connection (home phone) and just use this and my cell as my communication. I just need to know how safe it would be to use my Billpay option at my bank to pay bills using this connection. I have always paid my bills using the dial-up connection without any security issues.

Thanks given:0
Thanks received:0

Re: Sprint wireless broadband connection

Postby kvarsis » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:22 am

It is equally as safe as pretty much any other method of online payment. As long as you don't have any viruses on your computer and you trust the website you are trying to pay with.

Whenever you make a payment online look in your internet browser next to where the web address is. If you can see a little locked padlock then you are safe. This means that your connection with the website is encrypted and also has a level of protection that you are using the right website.

As an example of what you should see go to the paypal website below and look next to the address bar.
https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/home
kvarsis

Thanks given:0
Thanks received:0

Return to Misc. Software