It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:14 pm

Favourite Games

PC games, console games, reviews and comments

Moderator: venney

Favourite Games

Postby venney » Sat May 20, 2006 11:38 pm

Hey everyone.

I thought I would start a new topic.
What’s everyone’s favourite games? Maybe your top few?

I was thinking of games.

Urban Chaos, classic game, I had hours of fun on it! I first played it round psymons house, it was the reason i bought my first graphics card, a geforce fx 5200 I believe, 32mb lol classic. I still to this day love the game. I wish they brought out a new one, up to date graphics and what not.

Its a shame they made it for the playstation as well, because it was rubbish on console and VERY good on pc.

So what’s everyone else’s games?

Venney
:)

"Float like a butterfly.
Sting like a bee.
Your hands can't hit
what your eyes can't see."
Muhammad Ali
venney

Operating System: Mac OS X

Thanks given:0
Thanks received:0

Postby liljim » Sun May 21, 2006 5:39 am

I just bought the new Ghost Recon:Advanced Warfighter and its awesome but you better have a tough machine to run it. Im having to run all the video settings on low, anything more i get chops.

Currently playing:
game mentioned above
Painkiller
Call of Duty 2
liljim

Operating System: Win 7 Home Premium X64

Thanks received:12

Postby venney » Sun May 21, 2006 10:51 am

Is Pain Killer the same as pain killer taste the pain? I think I have that game somewhere.

And I don’t think I’ve seen Ghost Recon:Advanced Warfighter, I recognise the name Ghost Recon though. I assume its like army swat?

At the moment I only really play battle field 2, but i bought the expansion pack all the way back at Christmas and I never really got into it. So I’ve been playing that a bit 2.

Another amazing game that I always pick up for an hour or so is Max Payne 2. I’ve got both 1 and 2 on the pc and I think number 2 is sooooo much better. I've completed it before, but I still find it fun, I don’t remember what’s going to happen next, it’s like a really good game version of the film sin city.

I was playing Matrix - Path of neo, but it freezes on the level i am on, every time in the same place. I’ve no idea why. I think I tired to look for a trainer to skip the level or something but I don’t think I found anything :(

Venney

"Float like a butterfly.
Sting like a bee.
Your hands can't hit
Muhammad Ali
venney

Postby th3_d0n » Sun May 21, 2006 1:32 pm

All time favourite is probably....Half Life 2. I really enjoyed it, and the graphics were really good. Back in the day I loved the commandos games. They were such a challenged that I just kept playing, trying to complete all the missions.

Condemmed is also very, very good. However, I've only played the demo, and it was pretty short. But none the less, I really enjoyed it.
th3_d0n
Senior Geek
Senior Geek

Postby Psymon » Sun May 21, 2006 9:45 pm

FEAR is one of the most fun games I've ever played and I'm looking forward to the expansion.
I fully agree with venney. Urban Chaos and Max Payne are quality.
I tried the GRAW demo and it didnt appeal to me. I think it's just because I don't really understand it though. graphics aint bad =P
Unreal Tournament, the 1st one, none of the others. Classic!
Half Life, Opposing Force, and Half life 2. all good, and put in order of 1st, 2nd, 3rd, personally. I didn't like Blue shift much.
Counter strike, woot :D
Roller coaster tycoon 1. That I really liked, untill it stopped working :S
Worms Armageddon. or world party, whatever.
All the 3D GTA games.
Tony hawks 3 and 4. very good fun.
I liked FFIX.

I'm surprised how few games there are that i like enough to mention. I mean the number of games out there and the number ive said, sheesh. But I think FEAR is my favourite. Great story, gameplay, AI, effects, slowmo is an awesome feature in all games its in, can't beat max payne 2 for slow mo.
Psymon
Senior Geek
Senior Geek

Postby liljim » Mon May 22, 2006 2:42 am

Is Pain Killer the same as pain killer taste the pain? I think I have that game somewhere.

I dont think thats the same game. Heres a review.

And I don’t think I’ve seen Ghost Recon:Advanced Warfighter, I recognise the name Ghost Recon though. I assume its like army swat?

Ghost Recon is a Tom Clancy game, same creator of Rainbow Six games. It is indeed an army game. I love the original version and expansions and to me it has one of the best multiplayer interfaces i've seen yet.

FEAR is one of the most fun games I've ever played and I'm looking forward to the expansion.

FEAR was one of the best i've played, surprised i didnt mention it. I played the entire game in a dark room with surround sound and i cant tell you how many times i've looked over my shoulder because of the sound effects. The graphics are great but the sound is even better. The storyline is awesome and had an interesting ending. Much like Psymon, i cant wait for the sequel.
liljim

Operating System: Win 7 Home Premium X64

Thanks received:12

Postby venney » Mon May 22, 2006 10:16 am

To be honest Psymon, I am surprised I forgot CSS! I love counter strike, love everything about it, part from all the people who are better than me! We’ve been playing it since 1.5 and we’ve stuck to it! Apart from crappy Condition zero, that looked soooo rubbish.

At the moment my fav game is battle field 2, but that’s because I’m addicted :P

I just got my hands on a copy of Colin McRae rally 04, and its pretty good, not too unrealistic.

I really liked path of neo, and I’ve got some good news! I patched it with 2 updates and it fixed my problem so i am almost at the end. I love the way that its totally different to other games, the fighting style, it just suits Neo so much. Owning 3 agents in 1 move is just sweet.

I almost forgot a good old game. Vampire the masquerade redemption. I loved it so much, Christof the knight turned vampire, it was great, you could fight all the urges and battle other vampires or you could give in and feed on human blood, the game seemed endless as well, I never got any where near the end. The games sooo big that you do like the whole medieval scene, then you do like a modern day game, where I assume you were asleep for a 1000 years or something. I have the second one as well but I don’t like it as much as the first one, but it is a quality game as well.

I also love most star wars games, and own quite a lot of them, Jedi academy I thought was pure classic, they need to bring a new 1 out!!

Venney

"Float like a butterfly.
Sting like a bee.
Your hands can't hit
Muhammad Ali
venney

Postby Psymon » Mon May 22, 2006 4:27 pm

i forgot a bunch of 64 games i liked.
Super mario 64
banjo kazooie
turok 2 (im looking for this on PC. so far....fail)
beetle adventure racing
super smash brothers
both Zeldas.
I could go on about gameboy, snes, gamecube, mega drive, master system.. but i just cba =P
Psymon
Senior Geek
Senior Geek

Postby venney » Mon May 22, 2006 4:41 pm

Zelda games on n64 are good, mario 64's ok, and you have found turok 2 loads of times but u r 2 cheap 2 pay a 5er for it! And smash bros is great!!

:P

"Float like a butterfly.
Sting like a bee.
Your hands can't hit
Muhammad Ali
venney

Postby th3_d0n » Mon May 22, 2006 4:41 pm

MARIO KART FOR THE WIN! Any day. I love them so much, can't beleive i left it out. Shame they're all pretty much the same, and the gamecube version was a let down.

I agree with Venney and Si, CSS is mega. I also agree with venney that BF2 is good and very addictive.

I think Huxley will be realllly good, but that's not out yet. I can see myself becoming addicted. I enjoyed matrix online for a while, but as with all MMORPG's, i got bored at about level 20, and it was really really hard to level up at that stage.
th3_d0n
Senior Geek
Senior Geek

Postby PCguy » Mon May 22, 2006 11:14 pm

World of Warcraft is still stops in my book.

I made a little aminated gif of what my character actually looks like in game.

(\__/) This is Bunny.
(='.'=) Copy and paste bunny into your sig.
(")_(") Help Bunny gain World Domination.

PCguy
Lord of the Geeks
Lord of the Geeks

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional x64

Thanks given:2
Thanks received:4

Postby Psymon » Tue May 23, 2006 9:21 am

I've banned myself from playing MMORPGs :(
untill the exams are over, maybe :mrgreen:
Psymon
Senior Geek
Senior Geek

Postby venney » Tue May 23, 2006 11:44 am

Lol, nice gif pcguy! What other games do you like other than Wow?

I was thinking of maybe buying one after my exams si. Summint to take up my time. Was thinking maybe city of villans? Maybe that new lord of the rings one, that looks good.

"Float like a butterfly.
Sting like a bee.
Your hands can't hit
Muhammad Ali
venney

Postby Psymon » Tue May 23, 2006 3:43 pm

I got a friend who recently bought "guild wars faction" because there was no monthly charge. I've seen clips of it and it looks really good. He really enjoys it to.
But like you say, there are more to come. I know phil is mas...... looking forward... to Huxley. Made on the UT2007 engine (that game looks good too), its an FPS MMO RPG *head explodes*. Theres also another one on the way which is more like a TPS MMO RPG. Check it out. It's called Tabula Rasa and I think it looks fun as well graphically impressive.
Psymon
Senior Geek
Senior Geek

Postby mercdady » Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:23 am

Favorite Games. heh. How do I choose? I'm a bigtime RPG fan. I have played Everquest for the past 5 years. It's one of my favorites. I tried others ( EQII, DAoC and Ultima ) but I still go back to EQ. right now I'm into Shadowbane. Not a lot of exp grinding and a lot of PvP. :twisted: I will also take a good strategy game anytime I can get one. I really like Dawn of War, but I've only played the demo.
mercdady

Next

Return to Gamers Lounge