It is currently Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:02 pm
2. Run SETUP.EXE to install the game.
3. You should notice that the directory the game installed to (by default Program Files>>Hasbro Interactive>>Email X-Com) contains a folder called "Temp". Open this folder. (You may want to make a shortcut to it on your desktop for ease of future play.)
4. Start the game as normal, select your battleground and play your first turn. (It's a pretty self-explanatory game, but the manual is here if you need some basic instruction.) When the game asks for the email address of your opponent, enter any old thing and click the "Send Turn" icon.
5. At this point, you should get an error message saying "Cannot connect to the game server". Do NOT click "OK". You should notice that a file has appeared in the "Temp" folder, called something like "p1_trn1.xem".
6. Copy or move this XEM file out of the "Temp" folder to somewhere else, eg onto your desktop. Now you can press the "OK" button, or simply quit out of the Email X-COM program.
7. Now, use your normal email program, eg Outlook Express, to email the XEM file to your opponent. When they receive it - assuming that they've also installed Email X-COM, of course - they should be able to simply double-click on it or open it from the mail program, at which point it will automatically load up Email X-COM and enable them to play their turn, and then email it to you as detailed in steps 4-6, and so on.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest