It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:13 am

New Games

PC games, console games, reviews and comments

Moderator: venney

New Games

Postby venney » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:38 pm

Hey all.

I had to get crysis to test out the pc, its set to medium and i haven’t tried changing it, but it runs and looks stunning. Its pretty much a nicer version of far cry in my opinion, but i am liking it a lot.

Good story so far, fun, not too easy either. I’ve had to rethink certain bits several times to make it the best way. One thing that is a bit annoying... there seems to be endless amounts of guards, 2 the point where its a bit annoying.

I also got Call Of Duty 4, and its amazing. Really hard to play after playing crysis, but amazing graphics, game play is great, its like your in a movie but you get to play it :D

Gears of war is next on my list.

"Float like a butterfly.
Sting like a bee.
Your hands can't hit
what your eyes can't see."
Muhammad Ali
venney

Operating System: Mac OS X

Thanks given:0
Thanks received:0

Postby Psymon » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:27 pm

Crysis is a bit funny when it comes to the graphic options.
If you set everything but shaders to high, you'll probably still get a smooth frame rate. But, everything will look like ass. Well, it still looks quite good, but notwhere near high and that.

The problem is, if you actually look at how the config files work, most of the important stuff is handled by the shaders setting.

If you want Loz, I'll send you a zip of the custom settings I made. You get a game that looks like very high (ish) but has a frame rate of medium.

I can't gaurentee it'll work since I've only got the demo, but I expect everything to be the same.

I lost all intrest in CoD after playing CoD2 that came with my GPU. I tried the demo of CoD4 but it just felt like exactly the same game, only lagged more.

I'd like to stop you from getting gears, but if you've never played it then I'd probably would suggest getting it, since you're after it on PC. You get more single player missions than the 360 version, and you get to use a mouse and keyboard praise the lord!

I recently got bioshock. but only because I had a £20 amazon voucher I had to use by the end of this month, and bioshock had just dropped to that price.
After spending half a day finding out why it wasn't working properly, I finnally got to play it.
I've just finished the camera missions (I'm guessing anyone else who's played will know where I mean) and I'm not enjoying it.
How it got an average score of 97% is beyond me.

I want to get crysis and UT3 but my 7800GT isn't up to the job anymore.
Looking for a 2nd hand (aka cheap) 8800GTX or a new 8800GT. But I've never been good at parting with my money, so don't expect anything soon :P
Psymon
Senior Geek
Senior Geek

Postby liljim » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:00 pm

Psymon, there is a difference in the crysis demo and the full version in performance or so its claimed. The full is suppose to run smoother, i cant confirm it myself as i havent played the demo. The full gave my 7950gt a workout.

For bioshock, your not through with camera missions. You can get an upgrade that allows you to take photos again with added benefits for completed research. You wind up with things like damage +++
liljim

Operating System: Win 7 Home Premium X64

Thanks received:12

Postby Psymon » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:03 am

by camera missions I did only mean having to take photos of 3 spider splicers so the guy would open the door for you.

I'm certain performance is different, but I was specifically talking about wether the config stuff is different.
If it's the same then Venney can use the things I've ziped to run crysis in 'very high' or my custom very high.
Psymon
Senior Geek
Senior Geek

Postby venney » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:09 am

i got gears of war today, I’m quiet impressed. its not easy which is good, but I don’t like not having a cross hair all the time, but ill get used to it. i can see myself playing it a bit more than crysis to be honest.
both take up a tonne of hdd, about 7 gig I think.

Also, it crashes like nobodies business. after about a min i get an error message, luckily, I can tab back in the game even thought the error message is on desktop. So it doesn’t actually effect me.

I think im gonna like playing it :D (oh, i wish i had a new gpu as well lol, still looks amazing but it would run nicer on a new one obv!)

"Float like a butterfly.
Sting like a bee.
Your hands can't hit
Muhammad Ali
venney

Postby Psymon » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:06 pm

weird that it crashes lots. lemme know if you find out whats causing it.

also, did the configs for crysis I gave you work?
Psymon
Senior Geek
Senior Geek

Postby venney » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:46 pm

i did a bit of reasearch, seems that gears of war is super buggy. just did a simple search and found loads of people having exact same problem as me.

ive not tried crysis yet, mite do it now actually.
:D

"Float like a butterfly.
Sting like a bee.
Your hands can't hit
Muhammad Ali
venney

Re: New Games

Postby jcrusious » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:17 am

venney wrote:Hey all.

I had to get crysis to test out the pc, its set to medium and i haven’t tried changing it, but it runs and looks stunning. Its pretty much a nicer version of far cry in my opinion, but i am liking it a lot.

Good story so far, fun, not too easy either. I’ve had to rethink certain bits several times to make it the best way. One thing that is a bit annoying... there seems to be endless amounts of guards, 2 the point where its a bit annoying.

I also got Call Of Duty 4, and its amazing. Really hard to play after playing crysis, but amazing graphics, game play is great, its like your in a movie but you get to play it :D

Gears of war is next on my list.

I totally agreed with you..
jcrusious

Operating System: window 7

Re: New Games

Postby petersampsons » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:44 am

There are many New games available for Laptop and PC. Some of the New games name are listed below.
1. Twisted Metal
2. Resident Evil
3. Max Payne 3
4. Halo 5
5. Serious Sam 3
petersampsons

Return to Gamers Lounge