It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:16 am

FALLOUT 3

PC games, console games, reviews and comments

Moderator: venney

Re: FALLOUT 3

Postby robbro » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:49 pm

im like 16 years old character on it inside and getting that FPS dunno where to go on it. and as my HDMI cable died so having to use DVI :S so means i got no sound at all. I am website i purchased off for a refund now as it should be working better then this and knowing hdmi isnt connecting to my TV anymore is a bad sign aint it :(.
SIC INIT
robbro
Executive Geek
Executive Geek

Thanks given:0
Thanks received:0

Postby robbro » Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:00 pm

2008-12-13 18:50:20 - Fallout3
Frames: 34010 - Time: 455564ms - Avg: 74.654 - Min: 57 - Max: 80
i get that inside where you do exams at 16 years of age
SIC INIT
robbro
Executive Geek
Executive Geek

Postby liljim » Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:23 pm

yea, something aint quite right. Thats less than what im getting in the outside environment with my 8800gt.
liljim

Operating System: Win 7 Home Premium X64

Thanks received:12

Postby robbro » Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:29 pm

yep why i demanded a refund as i paid so much for it...

Any idea what i can do to maybe fix it? i cant think though :S. 620watts should be enough to power the card right?
SIC INIT
robbro
Executive Geek
Executive Geek

Postby liljim » Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:35 am

yea thats plenty, im thinking it may have more to do with the board chipset. Are you still running an intel rig?
liljim

Postby robbro » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:21 am

yep still got a intel quad core q6600 not overclocked and my board is a asus striker 2 formula
SIC INIT
robbro
Executive Geek
Executive Geek

Postby robbro » Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:24 am

lil jim check this out.

2008-12-14 00:28:45 - Fallout3
Frames: 3792 - Time: 62864ms - Avg: 60.320 - Min: 57 - Max: 64

I put my 8800 GTS back in and got received a slight lower score then the 4870x2 ??

And I noticed just this morning when I booted up my PC I heared a schreeching sound coming from my case... not sure if its my board or hard drives.

Trying to google now see what comes up for screeching noises from board etc.. anyidea as i am baffed now... :crazy:
SIC INIT
robbro
Executive Geek
Executive Geek

Postby venney » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:39 pm

I’ve just had another go on it, and died twice! its really hard. everyone outside of megaton shoots at me! is this supposed to happen? I’m finding galaxy radio i think. i died once inside the supermarket, but i went back again and took a laser pistol, and ran off. and the other time i died i crossed the water near the supermarket and i just started getting shot at. I’m guessing they are a gang?

"Float like a butterfly.
Sting like a bee.
Your hands can't hit
what your eyes can't see."
Muhammad Ali
venney

Operating System: Mac OS X

Postby liljim » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:51 pm

they are called Raiders venney and yep, there gonna shoot at you. A tip that will help you out is to change your key bindings. Change your V.A.T.S. key to your space bar and it will put jump on V. You rarely need to jump and vats is extremely handy.

Rob, i think your chipset is punishing you. Your running a AMD product on an Intel chipset. If you had an AMD motherboard you would see more from that card i think. Since AMD bought ATI, alot of things have changed in configuration. They recently released a 790gx chipset motherboard that helps those cards fly. In your case, it would require changing cpu and mobo. Currently, you've locked up to sworn enemies in the same room.
liljim

Postby robbro » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:09 pm

Hey Jim,

Your very much in truth... rekon i should buy a board that supports cross fire and sli ? maybe that would improve things ?

but i have seen on forums people with dual/quad cores with my card on a intel based platform chipset and they getting loads more FPS then i am getting! like 200+ to 300 on on CS source i cant even get 150 :S.
SIC INIT
robbro
Executive Geek
Executive Geek

Postby liljim » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:33 pm

CrossfireX is what you would be looking for, then you know the board and card match up well. SLI is Nvidia only, crossfire is ATI only. Apart from that, i have no idea what else would be holding it back. I would hate to see you buy another board and have the same problem though. I wish i could tell you 100%. Its possible that you got 2 bad cards in a row but the chances of getting that are pretty slim. I understand that your hdmi quit so i might be considering a different store to shop from. Are the cards your buying branded by someone particular? Asus, foxconn, MSI? Im asking because that sometimes makes a difference. I've had MSI run like crap and die where i've had foxconn run like a top and keep going. I have a 7950gts foxconn in the wife's machine thats 2 years old and my shop machine has a 6800gt foxconn 4 years old and my game rig is my 8800gt over a year old all top notch.

On the other forums your checking, look into what motherboards they are using. I think you'll find their were some chipset changes to get the most out of the newer cards. Also make sure your running a pcie 2.0 slot, if your still on a 1.1 your only getting half the bandwidth your suppose to be.
liljim

Postby robbro » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:45 pm

you can get new motherboards for the new intel i CPU's that take cross fire and sli platform you can have either. I might try that out seems good but lot of money... and if it doesn't perform well after all that i would be very upset indeed.

The make of my card is a Gainward rampage 700 4870X2 @ 790mhz(highest clock speed for a 4970x2) 2gb DDR5 memory - its so high spec even on a intel board it should perform better then my old 8800 GTS, it just does not make sense?

P.S the slot i got it in is deffinately 2.0 PCI-E as the two blu slots on my board are PCI-E 2.0 and the white one i have is 1.0.
SIC INIT
robbro
Executive Geek
Executive Geek

Postby robbro » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:25 am

Jim i might give AMD a go... what you reckon of:

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/140701

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/150466/sh ... t_overview

work well together? or should i get a better motherboard? never tried Gigabyte before and heared good things by other people on forums about them.
SIC INIT
robbro
Executive Geek
Executive Geek

Postby liljim » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:43 pm

Thats a good combination if you only intend to run 1 gfx card. The only reason i say that is although it supports Crossfire, it supports it in 8X and a single card in 16X. There are only a few boards at the moment that support a true 16X crossfire config but again if your using 1 card it wont matter to you. As far as gigabyte, im using one myself that i've had for a year now and i love it. I've always used asus up to this one and i think im sold on them. its been stable and has really good clocking options. I've been running an overall 11% overclock from day one and never crash. I couldnt say anything bad about gigabyte if i wanted to.

You know one of the best things to do before buying a new setup would be to test on someone else's if any way possible. If theres someone you know around you with a similar rig to put your card in it would tell you alot. One of the most interesting test i've ever done was put Axelation's ati 3850 card in my machine to compare against my 8800. He paid less than half for his card than i did and scored only 3-4 FPS slower in 3d06 than i did. If you could get your card in someone else's machine and score higher than it does in yours it would be the definitive answer to your problems.

I know without a doubt that your ati should spank your 8800gts in all areas. Another thing that leads me to your motherboard though is way back when you and i compared before, my gt out performed your gts considerably and it shouldnt have. Overall you scored higher than me due to your quad cpu but video didnt work out that way. For whatever reason your not getting the video performance through that motherboard.
liljim

Postby liljim » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:46 pm

liljim

PreviousNext

Return to Gamers Lounge