It is currently Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:18 am

FALLOUT 3

PC games, console games, reviews and comments

Moderator: venney

Re: FALLOUT 3

Postby robbro » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:01 pm

Jim! cheers for the reply - No friends i know have a gaming rigs like mine (or similar) so i cant test out the graphics card on theirs. Thanks for the information though mate its really useful.

Yea that's my motherboard it should perform really well i don't get what is wrong with it really...To be honest I always bit disappointed with my build from day one as you probably know - I just think the board was faulty maybe from day one and i did not realise?

Anyway I will take what you said into consideration and try out AMD I will look into a better AMD board then the one I have shown you then give you the info.

Cheers bud!
SIC INIT
robbro
Executive Geek
Executive Geek

Thanks given:0
Thanks received:0

Postby venney » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:15 pm

Jim that Striker II Formula is lovely! jeeze, i bet it costs a fortune!

"Float like a butterfly.
Sting like a bee.
Your hands can't hit
what your eyes can't see."
Muhammad Ali
venney

Operating System: Mac OS X

Postby liljim » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:29 pm

its an extremely nice board, i was surprised once i saw it. It should be performing way better.
liljim

Operating System: Win 7 Home Premium X64

Thanks received:12

Postby venney » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:50 am

Yea i compleltely agree with you, it doesnt seem to make all that much sense does it. Rob, have you decided what your next move is?

"Float like a butterfly.
Sting like a bee.
Your hands can't hit
Muhammad Ali
venney

Postby robbro » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:43 am

the board cost me over 200 quid end of last year its still around that same price 200 odd!

The board is lovely i think it might be my RAM - as having 4GB (1gb in each slot) in all 4 slots makes my ram decrease to 800mhz(Should be 1066mhz). I think i will get 2x2gb ram @ 1066mhz this way my FSB should go to 1333mhz.

Ill let you know what i decide to do - Also a lot of people say this board is constantly always running hot. Jim have you ever taken off the NB And SB heat sinks on a board? is it difficult to do ?
SIC INIT
robbro
Executive Geek
Executive Geek

Postby liljim » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:10 am

Also a lot of people say this board is constantly always running hot. Jim have you ever taken off the NB And SB heat sinks on a board? is it difficult to do ?

Never had to, at most i have had a couple boards where i added small fans on top of northbridge chips. One of my asus boards came with one already installed. As far as removing one, most often its a thermal paste or cement and not a grease thus making it harder to get off. I've used alcohol to remove heatsinks from video cards which would be much the same. If anything though, your chips are probably ok unless your doing some serious overclocking.
liljim

Postby venney » Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:21 pm

I saw a picture the other day, someone had prised the nb off with a screwdriver, it looked bad :lol:

"Float like a butterfly.
Sting like a bee.
Your hands can't hit
Muhammad Ali
venney

Postby venney » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:08 pm

if i play the game for more than say, 25 mins it seems to freeze. just locks up the pc completly. ive looked online and apparently there are quiet a few bugs with the game.

"Float like a butterfly.
Sting like a bee.
Your hands can't hit
Muhammad Ali
venney

Postby liljim » Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:32 am

Myself and a friend of mine locally both were playing and he had trouble but i didnt. I could play for 3-4 hours with no probs, he could go anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour then lock up. Theres a update available for the US version, should be one for yall also.
liljim

Postby robbro » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:58 am

liljim wrote:
Also a lot of people say this board is constantly always running hot. Jim have you ever taken off the NB And SB heat sinks on a board? is it difficult to do ?

Never had to, at most i have had a couple boards where i added small fans on top of northbridge chips. One of my asus boards came with one already installed. As far as removing one, most often its a thermal paste or cement and not a grease thus making it harder to get off. I've used alcohol to remove heatsinks from video cards which would be much the same. If anything though, your chips are probably ok unless your doing some serious overclocking.

Cool thanks Jim! I will carefully try unscrew my board NB and SB over the weekend I need to see if i got some more thermal paste if not it will have to wait till i order some more. I cant really put a fan on my north bridge as its a funny shape heat sink
SIC INIT
robbro
Executive Geek
Executive Geek

Previous

Return to Gamers Lounge