It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:12 am

DESPERATELY NEED HELP

PC games, console games, reviews and comments

Moderator: venney

DESPERATELY NEED HELP

Postby steve7o2 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:51 am

ok where to start. well basically the problem im having is i'm getting spikes on warcraft 3 frozen throne. my comp is pretty good i have 3 gb ram and evga nvidia geforce 8600 gts 512mb graphics card. seems like when i reboot my computer, i get really good FPS on like counter-strike source, wc3 was like NOTHING. over time it seems like its going down hill though. now im getting wierd spikes during gameplay like when i play DotA and i never got spikes like this before. at first i thought it was internet connection but even when i play OFFLINE i still get wierd graphics spikes.. any helpp pleaseeee<33333333333
steve7o2

Thanks given:0
Thanks received:0

Re: DESPERATELY NEED HELP

Postby liljim » Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:55 pm

That really sounds like heat to me. If you havent already done so, i suggest investing in a couple cans of compressed air. Remove your side panel from your case and blow all the dust out. If your comfortable removing the video card, remove it and hold the fan still while blowing the dust out of the heat sink. Repeat with cpu, psu and case fans. I always recommend holding the fan still because you can over spin them and damage the bearings. Let us know the results and we'll accommodate you more from there.
liljim

Operating System: Win 7 Home Premium X64

Thanks given:0
Thanks received:12

Re: DESPERATELY NEED HELP

Postby PcTestCard.com » Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:32 am

reaeat the video card and clean the fan and PCI-e slot maybe helpful.

Also, reinstall the latest mainboard chipset and video driver.

Hope this helps!
Bill
PcTestCard.com
Geek
Geek

Thanks given:2
Thanks received:0

Return to Gamers Lounge