It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:10 am

HELP my pc is infected with a virus(or more)?

Discuss security related topics in here (Hacking, Cracking, and Protecting)
Do not post HJT Logs here

Moderator: PCguy

HELP my pc is infected with a virus(or more)?

Postby lisasctt4 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:17 am

My sister got a new comp for her school(home school) a dell laptop and recently we got infected with a virus. my dad checked it out(hes a computer programmer) and the only thing that he could find that was recently installed was mcafee. we opened up mcafee and it would go off into off mode as soon as you turned it on. also our pc refused to boot up for a while till we got it into safe mode then it started getting into regular mode fine, but also the virus deleted ALL of our restore points so we cant restore and mcafee disappeared yesterday and the internet takes FOREVER to load (im writing this on our awesome desktop pc). please help she needs to save her documents but it wont load discs and flash drives and im scared to put em in this pc to risk getting the virus but anyway we need help
Last edited by lisasctt4 on Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lisasctt4

Thanks given:0
Thanks received:0

Re: HELP my pc is infected with a virus(or more)?

Postby Gecko » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:45 am

lisasctt4,

First of all lets find out whats going on with that system

Download DDS from the following location:
DDS Tool Download Link

When you click on the above link you will see be brought to a download page. Please click on the Download Now button

Click on the Save button. You will now be presented with a screen asking where you would like to save the file.
Click once on the Desktop button, designated by the red arrow in the figure above, to save the file to your Desktop and then press the Save button. Your computer will now download the file to your computer and save it on your Desktop.

Disable any script-blocking programs and then double-click on the DDS.com icon to start the program. If you did not disable a script-blocker that may be part of your antimalware program, you may receive a warning from your antimalware product asking if you would like DDS.com to run. Please allow it to do so.

Once you double-click the icon a Windows security warning may also appear asking if you are sure you would like to run the program.

Click on the Run button to start DDS.
DDS will now display a small black window providing information as to what DDS is doing on your computer

When DDS has finished scanning, all of this information will be compiled and be displayed in two Notepad windows named dds.txt and attach.txt

You will then be shown a small box giving instructions as to what you should do with these files. Feel free to close this message box by pressing the OK button.

We now need to save the two log files that were created. First click on the DDS.txt window and click on the File menu and then select Save As... menu option.

Copy and paste the content of these two logs into your reply.
Gecko
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Thanks given:1
Thanks received:23

Return to Security